Monday 10 February 2014

Landmarks, and making a public fuss

I'm 52 today.

My experience of birthdays has largely changed over the years, but one thing remains the same - the wish that someone other than myself would want to make a fuss over my special day.

When I was a young kid, my parents let me have a party and invite the kids from our street, but that's not what I'm on about here.  What I'm talking about is those birthdays I've experienced as an adult who is all too aware that what people think of me, matters.

I can't help but feel a twinge of envy when I see someone being made a fuss of on their birthday, by their family, friends and significant other, and even though I know that birthdays are not significant in a universal sense, they are significant to people.  Having someone make a fuss on your birthday means someone cares about you enough to want society at large to know that "this person is special to me."

When no one makes a fuss, it means no one gives a shit, and that sucks cock..!

No comments:

Post a Comment