Saturday 29 June 2013

Education & teaching this old dog a few new tricks.

As a woman of maturity, (that's my way of saying I'm an old bat) I sometimes find technology a little difficult to understand.  It seems to be developing and evolving way faster than I am and sometimes I get left behind. Last night I had the pleasure of learning a lot more about how to work my main website over on Wordpress (link on the left) and the sense of achievement I now feel is wonderful.

I have always been someone who embraces change and I've never shied away from anything new.  My Grandmother always refused to use an electric cooker because she was scared of it and my Aunt refuses to learn to text on her mobile phone because she can't understand and doesn't want to learn.  Even my eighty year old mother sits and texts by the hour and I get annoyed, so as I'm determined never to get like them, I'm also determined to get out there and be a part of the internet revolution.

Having self published six books on my own has certainly helped.  It's been a steep learning curve but I've enjoyed every second of it.  I'm an intelligent woman and I don't like knowing there are things I just don't get.  Last night I finally learned about links over on Wordpress and the rest of the internet suddenly opened up to me.  It's probably a small thing to everyone else and I will admit to usually being the last to learn things, normally because I just simply never find out it's possible until long after everyone else has done it.  No one tells me anything (my invisibility cloak strikes again) and I usually find out stuff by accidentally reading a post somewhere or finding a link when I google for something.

Last night I met a woman who knows stuff.  Not only does she know stuff but she knows a shit load of stuff I don't know and is willing to share her knowledge.  I can foresee a time when I no only know what SEO stands for, but I know how to do it too.  Stand aside people, this invisible woman is joining the 21st century..!

Sincerely, Invisible Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment